Joining our campaigns can benefit your business as well as advancing the fight against cancer
Whether you are a small business employing a few people, a large corporation or somewhere in between, there are many ways to help improve cancer outcomes and boost your staff health and wellbeing. We want to develop ways tot help businesses of all sizes to get involved in three key areas;
- Learning how to support your staff through cancer
- Raising awareness of how to spot cancer early and where to get advice and support
- Promoting health and wellbeing for your workforce
We have teamed up with our Partners at Cancer Research UK who offer a range of ways for Business to support improved cancer awareness.
Talk Cancer: a cancer awareness training programme from Cancer Research UK
Talk Cancer is a nurse-led Cancer Research UK training programme to help you feel confident talking to people about ways to reduce the risk of cancer, spotting cancer early and screening. Taking part in Talk Cancer will help you:
- understand the key messages around cancer awareness
- improve your confidence and ‘know how’ to make the most of your conversations
- encourage people to make healthy lifestyle changes, use local services and see their doctor with any concerns
- build your communication skills to feel equipped talking to anyone about cancer and health
Cancer Research UK offer two types of training as part of the Talk Cancer programme:
- Face-to-face workshops: lively, in-depth training sessions led by expert trainers, for groups of up to 20 people. Advanced booking is usually required. For more information visit cruk.org/talkcancer.
- Online course: a more general introduction to cancer awareness suitable for anyone, whether your interest is personal or professional. Read more and sign up now here.
Annual Industry Health and Wellbeing survey
We are planning to develop a detailed annual survey of people’s attitudes and experience of health and wellbeing in the Construction and Built Environment sector to help inform our work. If you want to sponsor the survey or can help us carry out this important work, contact us at email@example.com.